Soffit Vent System
A Groundbreaking Concept
Our soffit venting solution is truly an industry first. It is an adapted termination that provides builders and homeowners with the ability to vent a bathroom exhaust fan through the soffit without running the risk of the exhausted air circulating back into the attic. Soffit Vent prevents mold growth in the attic caused by the improper venting of bathroom fans. It is also a viable alternative to venting through the roof or to a gable wall, which both have limitations and negative effects on home and health.
A Multifaceted Concept
The Moisture Flow Soffit Vent solves and prevents a multitude of problems.
- Venting through a soffit without risking the exhausted air from going back into the attic, causing moisture damage and mold growth.
- Venting through a roof or gable wall, creating mold and moisture problems that will void roof or siding warranties.
- Targets the cost to repair structural damage and the intervention for remediation from the effects of mold, in excess of $73 billion annually.
- Offsets health-care costs and loss in business productivity due to employee illness in the United States, which amounts to over half a trillion dollars annually. *
* October 25, 2012 by got mold?®
International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO)
Under existing code, the Moisture Flow Soffit Vent is an approved method of venting a bathroom exhaust fan. However, our team has taken the impact and implications of venting through the soffit the correct way a step further. We have filed a code amendment with the IAPMO code development committee to explicate that when venting through the soffit, using a termination point that removes the exhausted air outside of the soffit’s air stream is required. Our amendment proposal has made it on the IAPMO’s final review board’s monograph. Click here to view the entire monograph. Our amendment is item #157 on book page 218/274.
Moisture Flow Soffit System Features
- THRIVE™ A sustainable thermoplastic composite
- Lightweight & Pre-Assembled
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in USA
- An Eco-friendly material derived from cellulose fibers
- Easy install one size fits all soffits
- BPI Certified Contractors
- Job Creation
We Support Our Disabled Veterans – Military – Police – Firemen & Their Families
For More Information