The Soﬃt Vent is Code Compliant under the International Code Council (ICC) and the International Residential Code (IRC).
The Moisture Flow Soffit Vent is the only soffit vent that effectively displaces a bath fan’s exhausted air outside of the soffit’s passive air stream, prohibiting the exhausted air from reentry into the attic.
The attic is not part of the living space, is “out of sight out of mind,” with inspections few and far between. Once the mold is visible on ceilings and walls beneath the attic, then the mold is already in an advanced stage of growth.
The underlying causes of attic mold are; (1) The bath fan or bath fan transition duct vents directly into the attic, (2) venting directly into the soffit, (3) the deterioration of the common roof vent.
Soffit Vent Features:
- It is an industry first, giving builders and homeowners a safe and effective way to vent a bathroom exhaust fan through a soffit without running the risk of the exhausted air from circulating back into the attic.
- Cuts down on moisture damage and mold growth caused by improperly venting bathroom exhaust fans in the attic.
- Made with 100% THRIVE ®, an eco-friendly material produced by International Paper.
- The vent rests underneath the eave, sitting flush with the gutter line, which will always partially protect it from the elements.
- Soffit Vent is a down-venting system, which, unlike up-venting systems, works with the laws of physics rather than against them. Soffit Vent works with gravity to help bathroom fans discharge moist air, conserve energy, save money, and promote longevity of bathroom exhaust fans. Down-venting also helps prevent condensation in the bath fan’s transition duct by eliminating stack effect.
Soffit Vent Perfect for:
- National home builders seeking an alternative to venting bathroom exhaust fans through the roof or gable wall.
- Retrofitting the existing 136 million homes and 5.6 million commercial buildings in the United States.
- The 50 million do-it-yourself homeowners. Installation only requires small hand tools.